Monday, October 31, 2005

Playoffs: Conference Semis - Game 2

Through the pixelated viewing box of Windows Media Player I watched the second game of three out of the four match-ups going on this last weekend. I have a line, maybe two for each result.

FCD vs Rapids

You have to admit that this result isn't the most surprising; with the Hoopes declining form over the last few months and with Colorado finding ways to win. Yes, I know, I know. It helps to play us twice in the last month of play. The bunker defense worked just enough for the Black-and-Blue to squeeze into the next round. Of course, Joe Cannon wasn't bad either.

Quakes vs Gals

The LA Galaxy are everything that's wrong with the playoffs. Here's a team that rises and falls with its #10, depending on if he wants to have his head in the game or not. Grant it, the Earthquakes had a job to do and didn't seal the deal. The Gal's are the example of not having to be the best team to get in the playoffs, just better than us.

Revs vs Metros

Um, wow? The Revs are the Galaxy antithesis. They are everything that's right about the playoffs. The way they turned on the offense during the last half hour or that match was reminiscent of the early 2005 Revs. The eastern conference finals are shaping up to be an epic battle.

United vs Fire

This match I haven't seen yet. As one who doesn't have espn2 (along with any of my other student poor neighbors) I couldn't catch or tape this match. I have my sources and will be receiving a copy very soon. I'm told it will be about 20 hours or so. But, from what I've read Chicago took DC out behind the shed on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home