Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Difference in Venue

After participating in and hearing all the criticism the RSL faithful have heaved at the Rapids and their spectators I felt the need to say something. The following is a post I submitted to an RSL fan forum. In response to another comment from a fellow supporter who said:

"I do need to mention that most of this was only coming from a few fans. The rest were quite nice to us."

I would have to agree. The true hard core rapids fans, who you had the sense that they've supported the team since it wore green and Marcelo Balboa was playing for them, saw our interactions with security and empathised with us after the game. It's a battle they've been fighting since 96 I guess.

It takes an experience like that to realize how nice we have it in Salt Lake. RES security has really given us our space and the other fans have truly grasped what we (the supporters) are their to do.

cheers to rsl, res, and slc!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home