Monday, October 10, 2005

A Tie in San Jose

I'll admit, I totally missed the RSL and US games on Saturday night. I was too busy rockin' out to Steve Miller at the Delta Center, he was playing a private concert for NuSkin employees and their families. Thank you in-laws!

I watched the highlights of the tie in San Jose and didn't even bother trying to get the US game once I saw the score line. With all that said, here are my thoughts on the two minutes that I saw.

Only one of those four goals should have gone in. DeRo's ball should have been cleared, stopped, or sat on. But it definitely should not have squirted back over to him like a yo-yo so he could finish it.

I couldn't see who was marking Nash on the Smurfs second goal, but the point is that he was marked. The man had a defender between him and the goal and he still got a shot off, and that shot went in.

Okay, I'm a crack addict. I just watched Nash's goal again and it was legit. The defender still shouldn't let himself be megged like that, but what can you do? Sometimes you just get megged.

Now, I love Kevin Novak. The kid is a work horse that doesn't back down. But, honestly goals like his on Saturday shouldn't be scored at the professional level. Nice work Kevin, I know you deserve the goal that's awesome you got one past Onstad.

Andy's goal, in my opinion, is the only one that should have gone in. He was left unmarked and did well to put his chance away.

I do have to say that seeing an even score line was exciting for me. It's a huge hump that we kind of got over - or at least a leg up on.

Cheers to San Jose for the big crowd. I lived out there in 2001 and attended most of the games that season, and it was a rare occasion to get people behind the south goal. Last night it looked filled.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I agree, it was a beautiful play all around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home