Monday, May 15, 2006

Woo Hoo!

Like many other RSL fans I'm still in a bit of shock. I missed watching the game live and wasn't sure while I was watching the tape during the wee hours of Sunday morning if I was in a dream state or really seeing RSL score and continue to score.

But alas, it is true, Real Salt Lake have now won. And, even though the streak extends into the far reaches of memory of last season, Salt Lake is not the last team to win this season. The Red Bulls are 0-1-5. With the win we are now tied with Chivas with 4 points.

Some of the high points I've taken from this game. There were three goals scored and none of them by Jason Kreis. Last year nearly a third (9) of RSLs 30 goals were scored by Kreis. It's good that others are stepping up this year.

Jeff Cunningham has now scored his third goal for RSL. Seeing as it took him seven games to do this, I'd say he's on track to be more productive than the man we traded for him. Mathis scored a total of three goals all year in 2005.

And finally I really enjoyed how the guys came together. The team as been battling as a cohesive unit for much of the season, and it was nice to see it finally pay off.

Another interesting note. The last time Real scored 3 goals in a game came in a 3-0 shut out of FC Dallas back in July 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home