Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tang Colored Dynamo

As I waited for my MLSnet MediaPlayer to make it's connection so I could watch RSL take on the Houston Tang-amo I noticed the flaw in the Player window - they showed me the score. Why would I want to watch a game I already knew the score of? Message to mlsnet tv guys - PLEASE TAKE THE SCORE OFF THE PAGE WITH THE VIDEO!

There was a time when such an activity was appealing to me - thus explaining the hundreds of game tapes in my video collection - but that time has largely passed. Especially since history was not made tonight for Real Salt Lake. We are still winless on the road.

After an entire season, and now three more games on the road with largely a new group of players, you have to wonder what is wrong with the RSL game day routine on the road. I know, those who saw the game might point to Kries' free kick in the second half that hit both posts and cry that RSL was "unlucky" not to get a tie or even the win, but I disagree. The Tang colored Dynamo dominated. Well, it looked like they dominated. Really what happened is that RSL was simply disconnected.

It seemed as though the only way t get the ball forward was lumping it up to the strikers. Going through the midfield wasn't working, the ball kept getting turned over to the Orangemen... midfield turnovers, now that sounds familiar. So, rather than loose the ball at the center circle it made sense to sky a ball out of the back and hope for Cunningham or Harris to find their way under neath it.

All biases aside, Houston has a great team that plays fast attractive soccer. I hope the Texan city knows what it has. I know the small band of flag bearers behind the left goal understand, it's the rest of the city I'm thinking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home