Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Second PDL Team in Utah: Ogden Outlaws

Utah adds a second PDL team in Ogden, as reported by the Deseret News. The Ogden Outlaws will join the BYU club team in the United Soccer League's Northwest PDL division next spring.

This is nothing but good for RSL. To have lower division teams through out the state will only increase soccer's visibility in the area as a spectator sport. The owner expects to have about 1,500 to 2,000 out to each match, which is a realistic goal.

The team will play at the minor league baseball stadium in downtown Ogden for the 2006 season. Depending on the teams success Ogden City will help the Outlaws find a field of their own for 2007.

From my days attending Blitzz (D-3) games where they would draw 3,000 regularly with no advertising I've had a good feeling about soccer in Utah.

Best of luck to the Outlaws. I'll probably catch a game or two in the spring.

---
Thanks to Are You Loyal? for tipping me on the story.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I can't wait to check out some games. I don't go down south much. But I can be tricked into going north. Go Outlaws!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home