Thursday, May 19, 2005

Part 3: "Mexican Super Star"

RSL got revenge on an embarrassing performance against Chivas in LA a few weeks before by downing the fellow expansionies 2-0. What I'll remember most is the interaction with Ramon Ramirez. Before the locker room opened to the media I stood as spanish language telivision crews tried to explain the importance of Ramirez to the Mexican people. The man acted more like a star than any player I have interacted with. He was the last out of the shower, and took his time dressing. All the media inside simply waited around patiently among the Chivas players changing into street clothes. As I really didn't have anything to ask anyone else, or really desired to talk to anyone for entertainment value, I joined the other media in waiting. Though I do not speak spanish, so I was silent during the duration of the wait and interview with Ramirez.

Thanks to the Chivas PR director, who translated as Ramon spoke to the large group of media, I was able to get an english recording of the interview. It was choppy as translations usually are, but I wanted to get the words of the team captain, and one of Mexico's finest players.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kali said...

nice blog :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home