Wednesday, August 01, 2007

On a positive note...

Something I can't get out of my head from the game on Saturday was the several occasions where RSL strung together a complex sequence of passes in the midfield. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but there were times during the match - especially in the first 20 minutes that I quested whether I was watching Real Salt Lake.

History shows that Salt Lake's game plan has been to try and dump the ball up field as quick as possible. There have been some occasions where this wasn't the case, but if you were to think of how RSL would normally play a situation it would be trying to get long balls over the defense.

In other words I enjoyed what I saw in the midfield - at times - against New England. It was a positive sign for the future.

As for the continuous roster moves, they seem to make sense. As mentioned in the previous post, I wasn't excited to see Mehdi go. But, Beckerman has really made an impact since joining the squad.

I am a little nervous about the rumors of the team pulling in "3 players from Argentina." It's like picking up a 3-pack of tomatoes in the produce section. Sure, I might like tomatoes and they might look okay in the wrapper. But, I won't know if they're any good until I get them integrated with my other food at home. I'm certainly not going to base the success of my meal on them until I can really see them up close.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger The Professor said...

Did you just compare Argentinians to tomatoes? You always make me proud, man. Good to see you posting again...

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Thank you, Professor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home