Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"No TV, No Beer, Make Homer something-something..."

Commenting on a game I did not see is, shall we say, like trying to grab something out of the closet in the room where my six-month old is sleeping without making a noise. It can be done, but takes serious concentration.

But, in actuality I have very little to say except to point out the records that were made. First, it was the first time Real Salt Lake netted four goals in a single league game. Thanks to an unassisted strike from Chris Brown in the 94th minute! Atta boy, Brownie.

Jeff Cunningham bagged a pair, including one from the spot, to give him a grand total of 13 goals on the season. The brace helped Cunningham leap-frog Ante Razov as the top scorer in the league.

The Galaxy also won tonight, beating the Dynamo on a Santino Quaranta goal. That keeps RSL and LA tied for points at 23 a piece. RSL leads due to a -1 goal differential compared to the Gals -7. Both clubs are now only four points behind fourth place Chivas who sit in the final playoff spot in the West.

Here's a cool thing I found this week. Someone came up with the idea to organize a sports wiki called ArmChairGM. It's pretty cool. I started putting the RSL info in, but anyone else can edit it at any time. Feel free to contribute.

http://armchairgm.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Major_League_Soccer

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Mr. Fish said...

M: "...Go crazy?"

H: "DON'T MIND IF I DO!"

A classic. I got a note from Armchair, but I like the blog thing a bit better. Good luck with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home